• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She stares at them, at their two perfect daughters, and she again feels that unexplainable tightening in her chest. That feeling when every emotion is trying to surge through her veins at once – happiness and love, of course, but also a strange kind of sadness. Her dark blue eyes look at her handsome angel-boy, and she thinks of how far they have come – how different they are from the children they had been in the playground, and even then completely different from the boy that had asked her if she would ever consider a family with him, and the stubborn girl that had reluctantly admitted that maybe, someday. They had grown, and so had their family, and yet she feels like she doesn’t deserve any of it. She doesn’t deserve someone as sweet as Ophanim, and she doesn’t deserve the perfect children that he gives her.

She has somehow stolen someone else’s perfect life, and she’s waiting for the moment that it all comes crashing down around her.

Ophie’s kiss to the side of her head is what draws her from drowning in her sea of self-pity, and when she looks at him again she is sure he will feel the way her heart swells and aches inside of his chest. There is a short laugh before she lips lightly at his cheek, telling him sweetly, “No, you make them beautiful colors.”

She watches as the frost-covered filly has managed to get her spindly legs beneath her, and though she wavers, she doesn’t fall. Unsteady, she leans her peach-colored shoulder against her father’s legs, regaining her balance before cautiously continuing closer to her sister. She shoves her cool nose against the black girl’s side, before reaching curiously towards the odd halo of light above her head. Starsin reaches for them both, pressing her lips first to the light colored one’s forehead, and then to the black filly, before asking Ophanim, “What should we name them?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 03-18-2020, 02:33 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 03-29-2020, 03:41 PM