• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  follow the sun - any
    The soft thudding of hoof against earth draws Chasity’s attention from the rich greenery to the path before her. A horse approaches, a mare, her unusual salmon coloured mane celebrated by the dappled light peering through the trees. She is beautiful. Young, though as she comes closer Chasity wonders if there may be some deeper wisdom reflected in her honey-brown eyes.

“Hello, friend,” Chasity calls to her with a smile.

Once, she spent many hours and days travelling between kingdoms and lands. Befriending strangers was a frequent joy along the way. She realises now the beaten paths are still mapped in her mind, each turn, every border.

Field to Meadow.

Meadow to ‘Falls.

The waterfalls. Her heart leaps as her old kingdom steals into her mind.

She thought she would never see them again. When she and her lover took to the horizon, she knew in her heart that they never intended to return. And yet (her head gives a sharp ache as she tries to reach through the swirling blur of recent memory) here she is. So close.

She wonders what became of the kingdom when she left Nikkai on the throne. War was looming, then. How long has it been? Are they safe?

Please be safe.

If only she could know now, who is standing before her.

Tiredness suddenly crawls under her skin and her smile falters slightly. She becomes conscious of her mortality; her bones are weary, a subtle ache in her hips. Time may have become foreign to her, but she knows she is no longer young. Her lips tingle with thirst. She feels that she has been travelling for some time (but from where? —and why?) and by goodness, she hopes her old kingdom is not far.

“I wonder if you could help me…” she begins.

Perhaps she ought to be more cautious. She learned over the years that not all who walk these paths are kind. But she cannot hold back her next words, so filled with anticipation and longing that it spills from the edges.

“I think I may be lost. Are the Dazzling Waterfalls near?”

And so the world holds its breath, for this beautiful stranger has the power to make Chasity’s hope crumble.

OOC: <3 perfect opportunity!!

Messages In This Thread
    follow the sun - any - by Chasity - 03-20-2020, 04:25 AM
    RE: follow the sun - any - by Ygritte - 03-20-2020, 11:48 AM
    RE: follow the sun - any - by Chasity - 03-21-2020, 03:11 AM