• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

He had searched all through the autumn, following unfamiliar trails while the trees of Beqanna slowly shifted to match Sylva. He had search all through the winter, when the trees of Beqanna stretch bare and black into the sky and snow fell along his striped back. He had searched, and it was in vain. No one has seen an antlered white stallion, no one has heard of an Aegean, son of Solace and Kagerus, formerly of Silver Cove, a literally glowing illusionist.

They had never spoken of many things, and these gaps now leave unanswerable questions. Who are his friends and family he might be visiting? Where did he grow up? Where did he want to live? Has he found someone else? Someone better? Is Pteron’s search in vain?

These melancholy thoughts – and ten thousand others – swirl around his mind like a thundercloud. They dim the early spring sunlight, the sweet smell of the wildflowers, the feel of the breeze along his neck. By any account, the weather is beautiful and the broad meadow he stands in breathtaking. The soft hills of the meadow roll down slowly east before dropping into the river. A distant dark line on the horizon, about an hour’s walk away, is the forest that sprouts on its opposite bank. He’d searched the forest last night. Today is the Meadow, and tomorrow the Field.

The thought of the gathering place of the homeless brings a wry smile from his thundercloud of emotion. He is looking for Aegean, but is he looking for a home as well? The word summons memories of his many homes: Brilliant Pampas, Loess, Taiga. He’s spent no small amount of time in each, and yet not truly feels right. Only one place has ever really felt like home, and there is where he stood looking into violet eyes. Sparkling eyes beneath a crown of antlers, mischievous eyes accented by the bright seastar beside them.

The pegasus shakes his head, banishing the thoughts of his former lovers, and takes a deep breath.

Fresh earth and growing things, he smells. That, and someone unfamiliar not very far away. He turns, a hank of his mane falling across his face before being shaken away as he looks curiously at the other horse.

@[Kristin] pony!

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high - by Pteron - 03-22-2020, 12:09 PM