• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Raised in a post-Reckoning world by parents who had been reared in that same Beqanna, Pteron is rarely surprised by the creatures that he comes across. Impressed, certainly, and often awed, but the sight of the yellow filly’s lion tail and paws merits little more than a brief glance. He’d watched a mountain lion become a mare, after all, and walked along the ocean’s floor while high in the mountains. Her yelled question merits little more than an amused smile and a simple answer:

“You, I think.” The stallion’s voice is colored with good humor. While Pteron is not incredibly fond of children that are not his own, but nor does he actively dislike or avoid them. He would prefer they be with their parents though, for this is not the first youngling that he’s come across wandering the common lands without proper supervision. Desire had – presumably – returned to her mother, and yet it seems the universe has chosen to deposit another guardianless child in his path. A deep inhale reveals a lack of nursing mares nearby, which confirms his sinking suspicion.

“I’m Pteron,” he tells her. “And who are you?”

She doesn’t look old at all; certainly younger than the starry filly that he’d come across in the woods some years ago. Nor does she smell like any place he knows – either kingdom or common land. Perhaps she and her dam are new to Beqanna, he decides. Has the filly wandered away from the Field, perhaps? Adarra was prone to wandering when she was this age, though wandering through Taiga was far less dangerous than the meadow. He tosses the forelock that has once more fallen across his face away from his line of sight, and waits for an answer.

-- pteron --

@[Gwendy]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high - by Pteron - 03-26-2020, 11:43 AM