• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Despite having a daughter that is at least a spring older than the amber-eyed filly, Pteron is not especially skilled at interacting with children. He had been given few chances to interact with Adarra; Reia insisted that child-rearing was a woman’s job, and he had acquiesced. He always acquiesced, and he often regrets that. Today is no different. The filly’s sharp claws dig furrows into the earth, but the nervouseness he reads in that does not meld with the way she eyes him. There’s something predatory in it, for all that she is small and weak, and Pteron’s olive eyes narrow.

It doesn’t help that she sits oddly, but at least she is passably polite. For a moment.

They’re all dead, Gwendy says flatly. It sounds no different than if she’d said the sky was blue, or her fur was yellow.

“That’s…unfortunate.” He says, and the words are strangled. What else is he supposed to say? She doesn’t quite look like she needs comforting, and for all her diminutive size, her claws still look sharp.

“So…” his voice trails off for a moment, clearly unsure. “What are you doing in the Meadow then. Do you, uh, live here? Or…?”

-- pteron --

@[Gwendy]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high - by Pteron - 04-04-2020, 07:17 PM