• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  scattered into so many pieces, chasity

“Dhumin,” she repeats. “Yes, I remember that name.”

Chasity has only ever known one love. The Maker, the loyal stallion who would follow her to the ends of the earth. He would search for hours to gift her with the perfect pinecone; he would dance with her among the wildflowers, frolic with her in the snow. He was sweet and goofy and kind, and he held her heart safe. There were never any others, no flings or fleeting romances, no one to break her heart. The Maker was her childhood sweetheart, and (she believes, she hopes) they lived out their lives happily together.

As her memory of the seaside triggers in her mind, she remembers that he was with her that day. She had left him to take an evening stroll. She still remembers the peacefulness of the waves lapping against the shore, the brilliant colours that reflected across the sparkling ocean. She cannot understand why the thought now sends chills down her spine. What happened on that quiet beach? Her memory betrays her, but she is certain the moment is significant, somehow.

Ryatah’s concerned touch startles her from her troubled thoughts.

“I’m sorry,” she apologises, glancing away shyly. “Thank you, I’m okay, I just—"

A lone butterfly traverses the path in front of them, and she follows it with her eyes as it joins a kaleidoscope of its fine-winged friends. They have made a home at the edge of the path, among a scattering of flowers growing wild under the dappled sunlight.

“Oh,” she breathes softly, pointing her nose in the direction of the wildflowers. “Look, Ryatah.”

She watches the tiny creatures twirling and dancing, creating splashes of colour. Despite herself, she begins to smile. Chasity has always adored butterflies, and the sight of them fills her with an inexplicable sense of comfort. The seaside vision still itches at her, and the confusion and darkness are ever present in her mind. But for now, in this very moment, she can see some light.

“I will be fine,” she confirms, keeping her eye on the colourful butterflies, as if their brightness and innocence can shield her from all else. “I’m sorry you’ve had to run into me like this. I think you’re right. It will just take time.”

She realises she never knew the former Queen well, and she wishes she had taken the time to get to know her better when their kingdoms were still alive. She glances at the mare, with her pale wings and halo and glowing aura, and she smiles. Her world may be upside down, but if she has found just one friend in this confusing place, perhaps things will start to get better.

CHASITY

listen to the birds sing softly.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: scattered into so many pieces, chasity - by Chasity - 04-30-2020, 06:28 AM