• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  growing black irises in the sunshine

H A L C Y O N
    no better version of me
    i could pretend to be tonight

A purr reverberates deep in Halcyon's chest as Aquaria continues to groom him. He leans into his mother's touch as she lays in the sand beside him, just the same way she used to before their adventure to the mainland. His feline eyes trace the turquoise ocean and its rhythmic whitecaps, finding solace in the view and in his dam's touch as he speaks candidly.

A gentle sea breeze joins them, bringing the salt of the ocean and wrapping around the the pair warmly. Halcyon's feline nose quivers at the smells that ride on the squall, finding evidence of kelp and crustaceans, fossas and parrots. Ischia teems with life, both equine and naught. It settles him.

To Aquaria's credit, the finned woman understands him just as she always has. She makes no effort to force him to call the island home, but she does open a door that will help him reach that point ─ "Yes!" the young boy responds almost gleefully, without hesitation.

"And maybe... maybe I could start sooner rather than later?" He pauses and turns his eyes away from the sea, his mama becoming his focal point once more, "I think it would help me to feel at home again." He's unsure what a young tiger could do for a kingdom as grand as Ischia, but he's willing to try ─ and to know that Aquaria trusts him enough to present such an opportunity fills young Halcyon with pride.

@[Aquaria]

n | f

Messages In This Thread
    growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 03-24-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM