• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wild women don't get the blues

Her touch - fleeting as it is - grounds him and calms his heart. He misses it when it goes, but does not have the courage to do more than continue to stand beside her.

Garett’s gentle green eyes don’t leave her for a moment, captivated by the way she looks as she thinks and smiles when she speaks about the storms. From her lips, they don’t seem so frightening (even as he flinches slightly at the flash of another lightning strike, the thunder rumbling not far behind). Wild is a term that suits her well - he used to think it applied to his home, the forest and the fields where plants grew, but Mako is another type of wild entirely.

She’s redefined the word for him.

“I like that.” He whispers when she is done, though she hardly needs his approval.

When the question is returned he looks forward to where he can barely see the rain it falls so thick and heavy, thundering louder than any stampede. “I guess…” He searches his mind for the right words as his eyes drift back to the wild mare beside him. “They make me feel like I am a mouse just before the strike of an owl. Like everything I love, everything I am, could be gone in a flash of light and fire.”

After the words are out, he ducks his head a little bit - embarrassed and his gaze shifts away from her, wondering if she might think less of him for now how not wild he is. “Does that sound silly?”

garett

art by dozymare

@[mako]

Messages In This Thread
    wild women don't get the blues - by mako - 03-26-2020, 11:00 PM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by Garett - 03-29-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by mako - 03-31-2020, 11:37 AM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by Garett - 04-16-2020, 07:28 PM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by mako - 04-22-2020, 01:36 AM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by Garett - 04-27-2020, 10:25 PM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by mako - 05-06-2020, 01:27 AM
    RE: wild women don't get the blues - by Garett - 05-09-2020, 06:28 PM