• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i feel a bad moon rising | Noah
    The world changes around her, but even as years pass, her little home stays consistent. Perhaps it is because Noah stays consistent – or more likely, it’s because even through the turmoil that has rocked Loess several times, somehow those who have prevailed have always been her friends. Wolfbane. Castile. Lepis. Noah knows she has been more than lucky in her friends, especially since she has little to offer them except her friendship in return.

Recently, the population of the Pampas has more than doubled. For so long it had been Noah, little Noma, and Aodhan; they’ve been joined now by her long-cousin Ryan and his herd, two mares and two children. The little roan mare has welcomed them into the fold with sincere joy, though she is still somewhat shy of the two strange mares and has been getting to know them quite slowly. Even their striped visitors – Noah is unsure if the mare and her foal will stay, but she has made an effort to make them feel welcome. In the darkest of night she had been worried about the newcomers, worried that it would make her small home feel overwhelmed, but that has not proven true. The increase size of her family has been a good thing.

She’s on a walk alone, able to safely leave her yearling daughter with Ryan and his family; the last she’d seen, Noma had been holding her own against the eager advanced of her cousins on the shores of their pond. There had been no real destination in her mind when she’d started out, but a hint of a familiar scent pulls her northward until she has a glimpse of gold and blue, and a little smile starts to form on her face.

Noah’s name floats back to her and she nickers quietly in response, trotting a couple of steps to close the distance between herself and the other mare. There’s a bright and welcoming expression on her face, and indeed she is glad to see Lepis clearly doing so well. Last time they spoke, Noah had not been at all at sure that her friend was well, or Wolfbane either, but this Lepis looks more relaxed and that is a balm to her worrying heart. “Lepis,” she greets quietly when she is close enough, “Welcome. It’s good to see you.” Noah reaches out and brushes a light touch to her friend’s shoulder, hoping until proven otherwise that this is merely a social catch-up visit.
    NOAH
    that's all there is
    the most loveliest of tables by jassal
    manip by devin | stock credits: @szmigieldesign at unsplash.com
    madishmade, darkbeforedawn23, xxtgxxstock, cactuskim, madetobeunique @ deviantart.com

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 03-30-2020, 04:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 03-31-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 04-15-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 04-30-2020, 09:28 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 05-01-2020, 08:08 AM