• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i see trouble on the rise | Castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    For the first time in over fifteen years, there is disruption between Castile and Lepis. It aggravates him, but he has nothing more to lose, not anymore. Everything slips through his fingers, but he realizes that much of it is his own fault. Everything crashed in his final weeks – months? – as a king, and that is what everyone remembers. That is what everyone funnels their energy and opinions on.

He is quiet except for the scoff that punctuates Lepis’ frigid statement. ”I’ll see my way out then,” a crude ad mocking bow dips his forehand toward the ground. There is nothing more to say or do now. A smug, unapologetic grin lopsidedly curves his mouth before he takes flight. The shackles Loess has clapped around his ankles years ago disintegrate. The sense of obligatory entrapment subsides in his agitation when he looks at her one last time.

Not forever, he tries to tell himself. Nothing ever lasts forever.

With a huff of black smoke, Castile takes to the skies, disappearing into the horizon.

castile

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM
    RE: i see trouble on the rise | Castile - by Castile - 04-07-2020, 03:20 PM