• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  find me in the clouds; any

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    As Lilli seems a bit surprised by Eurwen’s comment about Ischia, she smiles a little. She remembers then, that she once promised the mare a more detailed backstory, but now that she remembers, they are yet again conversing with a new recruit. She is amused by the thought, though she quickly focuses back on the younger, cream-white mare. ”I would very much like that. I suppose we’ll need to strengthen our ties with the Ischians once more, though I can’t blame them for forgetting about the mainland.” Tropical paradise. The idea sounds nice, though she thinks she might grow restless there.

”Nerine is the area kingdom, and as such perhaps has a little more responsibility to offer if you’re looking for a job. Taiga is the misty redwood forest directly south of it, and a territory that others may be rightfully jealous of.” she starts with a bit of a grin. ”Nerine itself is surrounded by the sea on the other sides, but situated high on the rocks. I guess those rocks could be taken as a metaphor for some of our residents,” she chuckles. ”You’d have to climb down to reach the waters, but I promise it’s worth the trip at least once. Many seaside coves are still undiscovered, and some have little lakes inside, or pretty stones, or gleaming algae. My mother once told me there were a few with actually glowing algae too, but I haven’t found one yet. Maybe it’s just the one.

To be honest, my favourite thing to do is to run to the top the cliffs and listen to the wind and sea. It reminds me that the world is bigger than my own place, and that there is always new adventures to be found. It’s a kind of freedom we might forget sometimes in our everyday lives. The sunsets are also lovely with that immense view, or if you go to the northern point at night, you may see their blue lights on a clear evening.”

To her, the wind and sea are everything - a home as sturdy and stubborn as the rocks it was built on, sure, but with freedom in the hearts of their residents, as well. She clearly is fond of the place, she knows, but she turns to her red copper friend instead - ”I bet Lilli has more right to tell you all about Taiga,” the spotted mare smiles, inviting her to tell more about the forest to the south,

@[lilliana] @[Loire]

Messages In This Thread
    find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-28-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 03-29-2020, 02:47 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-03-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 04-04-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 04-18-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-24-2020, 08:23 AM