• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the fault in our stars

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The dappled figure offered disdain at Scorch's arrival, ears slanted back and eyes slivered. That expression softened, however, as Scorch came alongside her; nods exchanged, they settled into conversation. A quirk of Scorch's ear and a twitch of her lips into a smile reveal her intrigue at the other mare's matching voice: low, hoarse. Unfeminine. Despite her Arabian physique, Scorch began to recognize their similarity just moments into their meeting.

"Hah," she chuckled. "How familiar a story."

Aletta. The name sat well on Scorch's tongue, tasting of years lived, miles traversed, and roses turned thorn. The rose on Scorch's own chest throbbed at the thought. Something about sisterhood. Ignoring the strange sensation, the dragon-eyed mare rolled back her broad shoulders and considered her company's question.

"Loneliness," she offered after a moment, frank as ever. "Disillusionment. Misremembered dreams of grandiosity which both repulse and attract me... And the visceral ache of a being forgotten by those I loved." Hestoni, Brennen, Brunhild, Kagerou, Malka, Hestia, Wishbone, Breckin, the Sisterhood, the Brotherhood, the Old World. So much history to back this thin veneer of resurgence. "Nothing out of the ordinary, I suppose."

At ground level, her ankles ignite into flames. The grass nearby singes and melts into itself, too wet to cause more than smoke. The familiar smell grounds the mare as she continues, head now tilted at Aletta in turn as her own inquiries become verbalized.

"And you? You reek of the beyond and you don't look much better." Though she did nothing to soften her words, something in the purple-gold of her eyes conveyed an intention of friendliness. "Plus, with your disinterest in homes, this is hardly the place for you. People come here to be homed. Hah. I guess that makes us both a little out of place, doesn't it."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

""

@[Alleta]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    the fault in our stars - by aletta - 03-29-2020, 01:45 PM
    RE: the fault in our stars - by Scorch - 04-05-2020, 03:36 AM
    RE: the fault in our stars - by aletta - 05-10-2020, 06:56 PM
    RE: the fault in our stars - by Scorch - 05-10-2020, 09:44 PM
    RE: the fault in our stars - by aletta - 05-13-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: the fault in our stars - by Scorch - 05-18-2020, 02:04 AM