• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A wanderer that could never be lost; Toivo, any

WATCH IT BURN, THE FIRE YOU STARTED IN ME

She had not paid attention to the views through the breaks in the bushes that lined the edges they danced on as they ascended the volcano. Maybe she should have but for the first time in her life she was a little anxious. She had kept her fluffy wings tucked tightly to her sides so that she didn't knock anything lose off the sides  - including herself.

So when they stop and she asks about shifting and him not falling to his death she is taken back by the excitement that danced beneath his ember eyes. His excitement only boosted her ego - just a little bit - and the worry that was plastered across her face was replaced by a large, toothy, lopsided girlish grin. "I can. A wolf. My father was a wolf shifter and my mother is a lion shifter. My twin brother Vervane can shift into a lion." her eyes darted around the space they encompassed and with a nod of her head decided that it should be enough room for nothing tragic to happen. "Alright, this is your warning. Don't move." she breathed with a small giggle.

She back up a smidge and let her wings hang loosely at her sides. She had never seen herself shift so she wasn't sure what it looked like to others, but she had seen her brother shift and her mother. It couldn't look to differently. When he brother and mother shift it was almost like a haze drifted across her vision. She could see the joints change, the length of their bodies shorten and close in on itself, but the edges were blurry - almost like you weren't getting the true experience. That must be the magic behind it, there was no other explanation. Feeling the change was something else entirely, however. At first when her joints would crack and move bones growing and others leaving - moving. It was painful, but the more you did it the less it hurt.

Even now as her wings dissolved into her sides and her legs shortened, her muzzle thinning and pointing, and her hips crushing in on themselves it only felt like a tickle that was so persistent it hurt like a bruise would soon form. Her predominately white coat got longer and morphed into an all over deep, chestnut brown. Her eyes remained the same steady, pale, icy blue as she opened them and looked to Toivo. She took a hesitant step closer to him, her paws finding a sure hold on the rocky ground beneath her. Her chalcedony nails scraped slightly at the gravel beneath her as she peered up shyly at the boy, unsure of his reaction. 

OECTRA

@[Toivo] it's okay - I know the basics of Oectra but this is really the first encounter she has ever had so I am still feeling her out. (:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A wanderer that could never be lost; Toivo, any - by Oectra - 05-17-2020, 03:38 PM