• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we could run away together // bean
    She wants to stay with him! Suddenly the great unknown feels like an experience to be enjoyed, instead of an obstacle to be conquered. The little mare's affection is beautifully clear, her easy to read tone leaving him feeling a warm sort of blooming in his chest.

Her response to his question is equally quick and honest, not giving him enough time to think that maybe he is asking too much. @[bean] is as wild as a summer storm, and he wants nothing more than to see where her winds will take him. 'What direction should we point our heads?' She asks, and the world seems infinite, but not overwhelming. What did it matter where they went, when he intended to see the whole of it? Clegane is about to pick a direction at random when a memory strikes him, and his silver eyes grow a little wider.

"When I was little," he begins quickly, "my grandam would take me to the place where the river ran into the sea, and across the water, we would watch the sunset over the Pampas. Some nights, when the breeze was blowing just right, we could smell all the wildflowers," he says, unable to hid the dreamy look which falls over him. These were the stories he liked to tell. He wished that all his younger years had been built on sunsets and blue corn-flowers, and if it weren't for his face no one would ever know otherwise. " I have always wanted to see them up close."

He has forgotten that he was bedding down for the night, that he was terrified of all the little sounds that seemed so loud when he was alone. There is an energy in his belly now, and heat to his fast-moving blood that makes him want to see how far he can run. "Let's not wait then," he says, never fearing that she will quench the fire that he feels, "Let's go now and trade these ferns and mud for waves of grasses and poppies." His baroque form is suddenly in motion, his wings fluttering in anticipation.

"Have you ever seen a poppy," he asks with a laugh - so ready to be anywhere be here. "I haven't but I know they grow there and I know we shall see so many we will be sick of them."

To be sick of flowers! To be sick of sunshine! It was all he wanted, to gorge himself on laughter and Bean's smile until there was no room left for anything else.
    cleganetransparent

Messages In This Thread
    we could run away together // bean - by Clegane - 03-30-2020, 02:31 PM
    RE: we could run away together // bean - by bean - 05-23-2020, 12:14 PM
    RE: we could run away together // bean - by bean - 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: we could run away together // bean - by Clegane - 06-28-2020, 04:06 PM
    RE: we could run away together // bean - by bean - 10-26-2020, 08:48 PM