• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  kill the headlights, put it neutral
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    He can't help but appreciate the other male, like one might appreciate a possible new friend, or perhaps a rival - he doesn't know yet which category to put the splotched male into. At the mentioning of names, - Chemdog - he finds it somehow suiting and nods his head in acceptance. Perhaps one day he'll make fun of the old dog's name, if they get close enough - for now he feels oddly familiar with the new guy, and doesn't think he would appreciate it straight away.

In a way, he is reminded of Arquus - a similar meeting like this, though in the Field. He'd been looking for a new opportunity and decided that he'd rather go back home, back to the past - to make changes the future had not yet seen before.

About the Isle, and Leilan's plans for it's population, he smirks a little, and invites the other male with a tug of his head. "That there, is the rock that pretty much marks the easiest swimming route towards Taiga. To the west, Barren Wasteland One, and further more towards the Forest of Burned Sticks. As we go further north, you'll find Neverwhere's Scowl - that crack there," small nod towards a down-sloped line, steam rising from one end for good measure, "It's remarkable how it resembles her everyday face, just wait till you meet her - and here we arrive at Barren Wasteland Two, which has the outlook to Nerine in the east." Here, he stops his ridiculous tour, shrugs, and a green-eyed brown face cracks a grin at Chemdog. "Further north there's some snow, sometimes. Once it was always covered in the flaky cold stuff, so perhaps there's a chance that some of it will return over time. But as you see, our main problem is a lack of food - and not only for horses." Every living thing that wasn't underground at the time, had died - and the lemmings and hares who had survives in their burrows, were growing bonier each day.

"I know who did this, and I know nobody stopped him. So it's my idea that we can take some of what is his, to replenish. Everyone who sat back and did nothing - the least they can do is offer up some of theirs, you know what I'm saying?" Even without magic, this land might never sustain a lot of people - he can only build a society, currently, of people who are willing to take when the situation calls for it. Those willing to actually fight for what they need. The strongest will not only survive in the north, like they'd done for years, no, a decade - they will flourish.

But it all comes down to calling everyone together. Thankfully, in this time of need, people are willing to bond against a common enemy.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Chemdog] Sorry it took so long! We can keep this short if I'm messing with your timelines.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    kill the headlights, put it neutral - by Chemdog - 04-02-2020, 09:15 AM
    RE: kill the headlights, put it neutral - by Leilan - 04-25-2020, 07:31 AM