• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

running from the emptiness; velkan

Just as it had with my first children, life had swelled with so much happiness sometimes I did not know when I was dreaming and when I was awake. Is that cheesy? Well hey. It’s better than the days when I am so afraid I’m going to wake up and be alone again! So I’ll take all the cheese in the world. Mounds of it. Quesadillas of it.

Eugene is with me today, though I don’t expect Egwene is very far. The islands are only so big, after all! The dark purple colt is telling me the names of the different seashells in his mane and tail, and I swear I am listening very intently, but when we make it to the beach I am instantly distracted and maybe I speak over him a little bit. Luckily, he doesn’t seem to mind because his golden yellow eyes spot the two colts his own age that are playing in the surf.

“Lilliana!” I call out with joy as soon as I spot the chestnut figure - she’s very easy to spot and seeing her here is such a delight! I instantly hurry over, losing some of the flowers that had been in my mane in the process, but not minding one bit.

My son (MAN does thinking that still make my heart burst with joy) presses against my bony sides and peers up at the mare but his eyes keep drifting over to the colts - obviously curious about them. “This is my son, Eugene,” I say in same moment that the dark purple colt blurts out “I’m Eugene!”

Then I notice the winged colts too, but I haven’t quite put them together with my dear friend standing in front of me. “It’s so good to see you!”

artwork by space1993

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    running from the emptiness; velkan - by lilliana - 04-04-2020, 05:48 PM
    RE: running from the emptiness; velkan - by Velkan - 04-16-2020, 01:12 PM