• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

running from the emptiness; velkan
    No sooner has she started looking towards the jungle, making out certain shapes of horses here and there that dot the verdant background, does he emerge.

It’s a hard thing to have her gaze torn between two different places - her boys who could be thundering waves themselves, the way come crashing towards the shore - and @[Velkan] with a child in tow. "I promised you a visit,” she says with a grin in reply to the way that he calls out her name. And then playfully, she points her slender head towards the two flaxen colts playing in the surf. "And I couldn’t leave them at home,” Lilliana adds with a teasing shrug of her shoulders.

Her eyes drift down towards the trail of flowers he’s left behind in his wake and laughing, she adds, "I bet nobody ever finds you.” Velkan - hide and seek champion of both Taiga and Ischia.

Lilliana’s smile gentles for the boy who presses himself into his father’s side and she lowers her head to better greet him. "Hello Eugene,” she says, "It’s lovely to meet you.”

It doesn’t take long for the presence of the purple colt to attract the attention of her own and both emerge soaking and salt-ridden from the ocean spray, dripping saltwater as they slide along both sides of their mother. Nashua is the first to approach, reaching out a pale muzzle towards the shining colt.

Almost touching him, he snorts gently and arches his neck. His green eyes flick first to their new playmate before glancing up to his mother. "Mama,” he asks with curiosity brightening his voice, ”He glows.”

It doesn’t take him long to sweep his gaze up towards the towering stallion, equally as interested in learning about him too. Nerine had been full of aunts - Neverwhere and Brazen and Eurwen. Taiga had been filled with ghost faces. Ischia is full of new ones and the possibilities are already being dreamed up in his young mind. "Do you glow too?” He asks the dark stag.

No wings, he notices. He is dark where he and his twin are fire-bright. Still, it doesn’t mean that his mind is already imagining the possibilities.

LILLIANA

all that i'm after is a life full of laughter
    (as long as i'm laughing with you)

art by vhitany
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    running from the emptiness; velkan - by lilliana - 04-04-2020, 05:48 PM
    RE: running from the emptiness; velkan - by lilliana - 04-18-2020, 06:55 PM