• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i feel a bad moon rising | any
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    Though she hears the hoofbeats moments after, it is the blood she smells first. Wary, Lepis shifts her weight just before the other woman appears. It’s fresh, and though the external bones are impossible to miss, it is to the other’s hooves and teeth that Lepis’ grey eyes go first.

There is nothing there, just summer mud and a faint smile. Not someone else’s blood then. That realization comes with no small amount of relief, though as the dun mare finds the true source that relief tastes a little bitter. Surely the other woman is suffering. Yet she’s smiling, and Lepis knows asking about it would be rather rude. Rude, and detracting from the purpose of her journey here as well, she thinks as the other mare introduces herself.

Lepis smiles in return, a well-ingrained habit. Brazen is not a familiar name to the pegasus, and nor is her face. She notes that this is at least one Nerenian who doesn’t seem to take pride in being as stony as their homeland. Perhaps that’s a requirement only for their leaders, she thinks.

"I was hoping to find Neverwhere," she tells the other woman. "I’ve only recently learned of the burning of the Icicle Isle, and that a bridge here was built for their safe escape. I know the place is not hospitable even in the warmest months, and Loess wishes to extend an offer of aid if they are in need of it." The dragon-kind she’s spoken to have given the impression that the isle was burnt thoroughly, and her brief flight over it before arriving here had revealed a seemingly lifeless place (at least in the south, where she has always seen most residents on her previous visits to the place). They must surely be all here, she thinks, sheltering in their Kingdom.

Relations between this kingdom and her own have not been easy in recent memory. A few years ago, she would have laid the blame for this entirely on the shoulders of another. But time has passed. She has changed. Now the blame is only mostly on someone else. Perhaps she was responsible for a very, very small bit of it, but it was a justified bit. Still, it was enough that she can swallow some of her pride for the common good, enough that she is willing to offer aid rather than take advantage in a moment of weakness.

@[Brazen]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-11-2020, 07:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-13-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-17-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-18-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-24-2020, 07:51 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-28-2020, 05:33 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-28-2020, 06:34 PM