• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i feel a bad moon rising | any
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    For just a moment, there is something about the girl that looks familiar. It vanishes when she blinks, leaving behind a young green and pink filly that she knows she’s not met before. Whatever it had been, Lepis pushes it away, watching with a neutral expression as the child comes exceptionally close to a stranger.

She says nothing, does not raise a brow. Mild bemusement does rise on her blazed face, and a single questioning look is given to Brazen. Is she the adult in charge of this youngling, the look asks? Rather than wait for a reply she glances back down at the overo, who is asking about Loess. For the first time, Lepis wonders if perhaps she expected too much of her children at this age. No, she decides almost instantly. She wouldn’t have done that. It would have been a mistake.

Brazen does answer the girl’s question. Is she her mother, Lepis wonders? They look dissimilar, and there’s naught maternal there. An aunt perhaps, or a friend of the girl’s mother? It doesn’t really matter, the dun mare thinks, and pushes aside that curiosity to listen Brazen’s answer.

"Our previous leadership might have had a hand to play in it," she says coolly, a nearly inaudible emphasis on the second word. "And tt is not the fault of the Icicle Isle that there is a less than cordial relationship between our lands." It is Nerine’s fault, she doesn’t say. Perhaps the very smallest part her fault as well but there’s no need to admit that. Not when it would come with no benefit. Lepis is as likely to spontaneously apologize for her hand in it as Neverwhere is to give Taiga to Loess as a territory, after all.

@[Fechin]
    @[Brazen]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-11-2020, 07:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-13-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-17-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-18-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-24-2020, 07:51 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-28-2020, 05:33 PM