• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i feel a bad moon rising | any
    L E P I S
    i turned all the mirrors around
    The filly pipes up again, seemingly unabashed by the soft correction from the armored mare. Lepis’ curious eyes flick toward her again, her brows raising into the dun striped cobwebbing of her forehead. “With flowers?” She repeats, a catch in her voice. It’s the barest hint of amusement, of her fondness for children and the hole in her heart that the absence of them has revealed.

“You know, I think I could manage that. Do you have a favorite kind of flower? I’ll make sure some end up here in Nerine for you. Just to be cordial.” The age lines around her eyes deepen for just a moment, flashing a brief and friendly smile to the girl before meeting Brazen’s gaze once more.

The smile does not fade, but the playfulness does. Lepis shrugs her barred shoulders casually, as though the revival of flora is a simple thing. Noah will do it, Lepis is sure. Either as a favor for a friend or as the leader of a territory ensuring protection, it will be done. She does hope it’s the former, but she has not made it so far in life by only hoping for the best.

“Lepis.” The dun mare says. “When you do, tell her I’ve had reason to suspect Wolfbane is prowling the north again as well.” Lepis assumes that the name will be recognized, that Neverwhere has taken the appropriate precautions to avoid any nasty surprises. The dun doesn’t add how she knows, only shakes her dark head and glances toward the dark spot on the horizon that is the distant Isle. She does not say how she knows; betraying Celina when the relationship between them is just now starting to mend is never an option she’d considered.

Taking a deep breath of the salt air, Lepis shakes out her feathers. “I’ll send someone to the Isle soon,” The pegasus says. “If Neverwhere doesn’t want our help, she knows where to find me.”

@[Brazen]
    @[Fechin]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-11-2020, 07:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-13-2020, 08:03 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-17-2020, 05:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Lepis - 04-18-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Fechin - 04-24-2020, 07:51 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | any - by Brazen - 04-28-2020, 05:33 PM