• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how simple my heart
    DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP LOVING YOU
    NOW THAT I KNOW YOU SO WELL

Mako is pleased by her grandfather's touch. In all of her introvertedness, she forgot how soothing her family actually is. A smile lifts her lips, shy, quiet. One she hopes Castile won't notice, one that begs to be strong but still comes out uncertain.

The dragon pauses for a long moment, and Mako begins to mutter, balking, "I'm sor-" when Cas cuts her off. She presses her lips tightly together, holding her breath and hoping that bringing up her dead mother won't put him off.

"Do you really think so?" the girl whispers meekly, longing desperately just know an inkling of what brought her mother pride. Mako closes her eyes and leans into her grandfather. Pressed to his side, the smell of smoke is more potent, and that reminder of her childhood slows her heart.

Mako sucks in a reverent, loud breath when Castile says she reminds him of Valdis. Pride, ballooning too suddenly in her chest, chokes her. She has that piece of her mother, now. Herself.

"Thank you," she says, dazed. "I've spent so long wanting to know what she is like and . . . now I can see my reflection and know, even just a little bit." That's a gift no one else could give. "It's okay. I -" she pauses, hesitant. "It was none of our faults, but -" and anger wells in her chest, "maybe it was my father's."

An idea blooms in her head, dangerous and cherubic oleander.

"Do you know where he is?"

MAKO

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    how simple my heart - by mako - 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-13-2020, 08:12 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-20-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-30-2020, 01:34 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 05-06-2020, 01:58 AM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM