• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Sweet Sting || Starsin ||

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

What he can’t make out in her expression, he can make out in the cadence of her voice. Wolfbane almost wants to taunt her, but the welcome crinkle of breaking leaves under her dainty hooves and the truth behind what she says kept him silent. He could only observe her in the moment: how she moved and how she seemed unshaken by his unexpected appearance. He couldn’t comment on the barely perceptible drop in her voice that might be mistaken for sadness. He didn’t want to. There wasn’t anything for him to be sad about, so the sentiment couldn’t be shared between them.

Bane thought he might find nothing here in Sylva. No horses or Starsin at all. Instead he finds his luck isn’t so widespread that all of his previously known acquaintances (now considered possible enemies) are dead or gone. This leaves no way for him to spearhead directly into Loessian matters, as he would’ve preferred, so he’ll have to do with entertaining himself in the meantime.

A little distraction long overdue, he reasons to himself.

“Shame.” He sighed. “All the good ones usually are.”
    The shifter smirked, happy to keep their blasé chit-chat going with an old trope about the best of mares Beqanna had to offer. Starsin knew that were he truly determined, an insignificant little thing like commitment wouldn’t stand in his way. By the looks of it, he doubted it would do much to deter her, either. The two watched each other in the few breaths of silence afterward, and the gentle whistle of a whispering wind tumbled through the darkness around them. So much had changed, and here they still remained the same. Not so for Lepis, or Loess, or most anything else.

“C’mon,” Bane drew the word out, rolling his eyes and pushing off from the pale tree trunk. The bark had left a good indentation in his skin, and his shoulder twitched as blood rushed back to the spot. “you’ve got to give me something to dream about in the first place.” He laughed, gliding nearer to where she stood. An absence of sound from the sudden movement meant he was picking his steps carefully; only a few dried leaves were disturbed by his going forward. He paused when he felt it was right, close enough that he could look down on her with equal measures of curiosity and excitement.

When he spoke, his warm breath spilled out into the cold air as proof of his existence. Perhaps Lepis would have others believe that he wasn’t a living, thinking thing, but he hoped Starsin wouldn’t be so foolish as to fall into the same train of thought. He could dream, and he could desire as much as any horse alive. “I won’t bite…” Bane told her calmly. He lowered his nose.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal, Wingless  ◉  Mood: Guarded

@[Starsin]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 04-12-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 04-22-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 04-26-2020, 04:21 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 05-04-2020, 07:29 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 05-16-2020, 05:22 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Wolfbane - 05-17-2020, 07:09 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Starsin || - by Starsin - 05-26-2020, 02:07 AM