• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  They were the ones who could fly.
    Larentia gazes vacantly into the waters of one of the small creeks that run through the field. Her thoughts wander as she tries to collect fragments of the life she lived before. She remembers tall trees and the scent of snow and pines, soft words of comfort, and the chill of wolves and shadows. It all feels far far away and so different compared to the warmth of the summer she now finds herself in. She feels thankful at the very least that while her head may feel a little empty, her body is strong and whole.

Years of flight have left her body lean and toned, she prided herself on having a svelte figure, so her wings could easily carry her. Her legs were long and strong leaving her as quick and agile on the ground as she was in the air. The steely color of her hide shined showing good health. So, yes. She may have forgotten the past, but she was well prepared for an exciting future.

A sense of calm and peace settles over while she’s lost in thought. Things didn’t seem quite so insurmountable anymore. Larentia fluffs and preens her wings contentedly when she catches the sight of a pale winged mare out of the corner of her eye. She turns completely towards the other woman, giving her a quick up and down and flashing a quick smile. The mare exudes a quiet calmness about her, a confidence of self that puts Larentia immediately at ease.

“I don’t quite know what I’m looking for yet.” Her eyes go soft and wistful for a moment, “I don’t remember much since I got back. Just looking for...home I suppose.”

Larentia chuckles softly to herself, “where ever that may be these days. I’m Larentia, by the way. Pleasure to meet you.” She smiles easily at the other woman. It’s really quite easy to smile in her presence, so she takes advantage of the easy company to make small talk. As they speak two more join their little circle. Both stallions are polite, one with wings made of sunlight that draw a curious glance, and the other’s muzzle stained red.

She turns her delicate head towards the two stallions. “It certainly is a lovely day, as to what we’re doing, we’re having a chat.” She chuckles lightly, “I haven’t seen the other lands in some time. How is Tephra this time of year?”

Larentia settles easily in the company of these strangers. She shuffles her wings and cocks a rear hoof, enjoying the presence of others after so long alone.

Larentia

It's a long way to the bottomIn the darkness underneath

Messages In This Thread
    They were the ones who could fly. - by Larentia - 04-09-2020, 11:18 PM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Toivo - 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-10-2020, 11:53 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Larentia - 04-11-2020, 10:32 PM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Lepis - 04-12-2020, 08:19 AM
    RE: They were the ones who could fly. - by Raul - 04-17-2020, 08:14 PM