• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  meet me in the afterglow, litotes
    she wanted what every young heart wanted — 
    for something beautiful to find her beautiful.
    She fell for him faster and harder than even she could have predicted, and she cannot bring herself to search for logic. She forgets what he had told her about her mother – she forgets that there could ever be anyone besides her at all. In the middle of the night, especially on those nights where she found herself curled into the warmth of him, she erased all of them. Her mother, and all the other women that came before her – everyone that he had ever felt a glimmer of emotion for – she eradicated them. In her dreams she crafted a world where it was just the two of them, and no one else. He was hers, entirely, and there wasn’t a soul alive that could twist their story. 

The morning always brought with it reality, harsh and cold. There was a distance between them she was afraid she would never be able to close; an impossible divide made up mostly of her mother. If anyone could ensure that rift remained, it would be Starsin. 

Lilt had stolen away from the corner of Sylva that Lie could usually be found in, knowing that when she went too long without seeing her family it made them worry, and the last thing she wanted was her siblings – or worse, her father – seeking her out. But even when she was with them, she couldn’t keep her heart in it. Her mind wandered constantly back to him, and she could never stay away for long.

She is on her way back now, the summer sun straining through the autumn-colored leaves, glinting off the strange coloring of her skin and the black-gold of her horn. Her eyes are immediately drawn to a heavily shadowed area, nestled back in a thick grove of trees, and she stalls. There is a tugging in her chest, an almost instinctual pull that brings her closer, the silver of her eyes trying to make out a shape in the dark when she asks hopefully, “Lie?”
    l i l t

Messages In This Thread
    meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-12-2020, 02:55 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 06-07-2020, 06:37 PM