• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  meet me in the afterglow, litotes
    she wanted what every young heart wanted —
    for something beautiful to find her beautiful.
    She feels guilty for saying anything, because she knew that wasn’t what he had meant when he asked that. It was so rare for her to act on impulse rather than reason, to let her tongue taste the smoke of the fire that lay hidden behind it. She will never understand how her mother can speak so sharply all the time, when just this one time has left a deep bruise across Lilt’s heart. A bruise that she knows she deserves.

The tears that gather in her silver eyes are as much for her as they are for him. Because they are both lost and broken, and somehow finding each other is not the solution that it should be. Love is not as simple as she had thought it would be, not as easy as her parents made it look (if only she knew; if only she knew the chaos they had endured before they arrived to where they are now). And she is afraid that maybe this means they are not meant to be. That maybe that instant connection had been wrong, that maybe that spark in her chest had been a warning sign and not love trying to ignite.

But she is quiet when he speaks, quiet as a few tears stain the black of her face even though she does her best to swallow the knot they create in her throat away. Her naive heart flutters and constricts, it beats for him without any permission from her, and she realizes that no matter the enormity of the pain, she will carry it for them, for both of them, if she has to.

Silently, she presses into him. Her chest meets his and her face is lost in the pale strands of his mane, her heart aching when she confesses to him, “I love you, Lie. I don’t know how not to.”
    l i l t

Messages In This Thread
    meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-12-2020, 02:55 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 06-07-2020, 06:37 PM