• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  meet me in the afterglow, litotes
    LITOTES

For the first time since Lie can remember, he doesn't wilt beneath the weight of love. His roots aren't so easily tugged from the soil, his leaves don't wrinkle and brown. Vines reach up and up and up, tangling hungry fingers into his lover's hair, desperate and needy--like she controls the rain that will free him from a drought. Say it again, the leaves press into her skin.

I love you.

He doesn't say it back right away, instead leaning so strongly into Lilt's embrace that he forgets he's on earth. They could be in the clouds, for all he cares. With eyes shut as tightly as his, they might as well be as high as the sky. Nothing exists but the way their chests connect like puzzle pieces: each rise of flesh finding a pocket of the other's to press into.

"I love you," Lie finally whispers, pressing his nose so firmly into her mane that it tickles his nostrils, and he sneezes. A laugh quickly follows.

"I'm so lucky that you love me, too."

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[Lilt]

Messages In This Thread
    meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-12-2020, 02:55 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 04-20-2020, 12:38 AM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by Lilt - 06-07-2020, 06:37 PM
    RE: meet me in the afterglow, litotes - by litotes - 07-01-2020, 07:59 PM