• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hear that lonesome whipporwill
    a light came on when you sang that song and
    i want you to sing it again

I don’t usually leave my little island. I can’t remember the last time I did, in truth. It had been for that dark-eyed man, I knew, but I had wished the memory of him (of all of them) away. Keeping an uncluttered mind is vital for one as I, and small things like emotional attachments get in the way of lighthearted fun.

That is what I tell myself, at least, when I appear on the Nerenian mainland in front of a brightly colored colt.

He’s looking for someone, but he won’t find him in this storm. Brennen is likely tucked in tightly with his family, dry and warm. I’m not sure if the bay magician will begrudge me this distraction of a potential supplicant, but I do not intend for him to ever find out. Still, the horse that appears in front of Elio is a bay stallion, not too tall, not too old, with inky black wings. I’d not added the scars (I couldn’t force myself to be that unappealing) but perhaps he’ll assume the magician finally got rid of them himself, or perhaps he’s never even met the man.

I do not make the perfect copy of Brennen – My coat and build are lighter, my face fine and dished where his is bold and prominent. In truth, I’ve kept most of my own natural appearance, save the color and sex. Perhaps I need to practice my disguises more, I think. I’ve certainly perfected other things – like how to shape my craft and remain dry without performing obvious feats of magic. The trck is wishing to stay dry rather than for it to stop raining. A single dry horse in a large kingdom draws much less unwanted attention than the storms vanishing without a trace.

Wishing to know the relationship between the fire-colored pegasus and Brennen would probably come with too much superfluous knowledge, and I am not interested in sorting through it. Instead I wait quietly, my head slightly tilted. I’m not entirely certain I can mimic Brennen’s voice without wishing it, and I am wary of performing magic without knowing if the young horse in front of me might be able to sense it.

DJINNI
    could i be the one you sing about in all your stories

@[elio]

Messages In This Thread
    hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-25-2020, 11:14 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-01-2020, 04:24 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 05-01-2020, 10:31 PM