• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hear that lonesome whipporwill
    a light came on when you sang that song and
    i want you to sing it again

I hum quietly to myself as I consider the boy in front of me. The sound is tuneless, but I’m hardly aware that I am the source of the noise at all. Once picks up strange habits living alone by the sea, but I am old enough to be entitled to my quirks and fancies. He does seem appropriately cowed by the display I’d wished us up, and takes a long time to look out at the horizon and think. While he does that, I try out a few different widths of blazes on my pale pink face, settling with a thin crooked slash just as Elio turns back.

The grin is unexpected, as is the offer. I smile, because I do like the unexpected. Feathers? His certainly are a lovely shade, and quite unlike any I have ever seen before. But he looks pleased about it. Too pleased, as if looking funny might not be an equitable trade for what I offer him. I enjoy the playing of tricks, but I do not like being the butt of them. My eyes narrow, but I still nod.

“I’ll take the feathers,” I tell him, and in an instant they’re gone. “As half payment. When you’ve gotten what you want from your father, come back with the rest of what you owe me. If you don’t, I will take more than just the feathers of your wings. ” I lean forward with a cheerful smile and press a kiss to his cheek. It is as grandmotherly and affectionate as it is unexpected, but I do like to keep my descendants on their toes. It’s one of the better things about living so long.

“Now tell me where you want to go and I’ll take you there and show you how to keep a shifter from shifting.” I step back, nodding decisively, and wait for an answer from the bare-winged stallion. I’d taken his method of transportation from him; the least I could do was make his journey shorter.

@[elio]

D J I N N I
    could i be the one you sing about in all your stories

Messages In This Thread
    hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-25-2020, 11:14 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-01-2020, 04:24 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 05-01-2020, 10:31 PM