• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hear that lonesome whipporwill
    Elio doesn't mind Djinni's quirks. She may hum but he hardly notices. What he does notice is the cool air on his bare wings. He immediately wants to make them invisible, and finds that he regrets offering them in the first place. Little pebbles clatter quietly as Lio shuffles uncomfortably. For the sake of the genie's favor, he will not make his naked wings disappear.

"A second half?" he questions, though not indignantly. It's more of a slow statement, one that indicates he is trying to discern what more he could offer her.

Of course, Elio has plenty to offer. A full life, so much love, and countless individuals to care about - but he doesn't want the genie to have those things. The kiss she had pressed to his cheek was soothing, in a strange way, but he still wonders. He doesn't mention his doubts, though, instead settling on allotting time to think of what he could give her later on, and nods his head in agreement.

"I - actually," Lio begins, "I just need to get to the border of Taiga."

@[Djinni]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-25-2020, 11:14 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-01-2020, 04:24 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 05-01-2020, 10:31 PM