• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gave you a minute when you needed an hour // Any

Sabra

And I'm here. After days, maybe a couple weeks of grazing and wandering and trying to get my bearings back, I let the promise of shelter draw me in. I can be seen again. I'm still unhealthy kinds of skinny, but time on thick summer grass has brought me from skeletal to merely thin. I've learned how to eat without embarrassing myself, to move without dragging at the staff in my chest and stealing my breath. 

He didn't follow me here, and while I half expect to find him among the rocky landscape I can't find surprise when only a blank horizon greets me. I glimmer in the bright daylight, hesitating where the land begins to smell of others. My nostrils flare uncertainly, but I know I can go no further without greeting. 

I graze to pass the time. My ears flick erratically, taking in every sound, ever nuance, until I know I've been found. My heart throbs a painful rhythm against the wood splintering inside it, anxiety as physical as it is chemical. I wish I could stop myself from fidgeting, but my wings dance and my hooves step without thinking until I force them to stop.

I wanna be Immortal, like a God in the sky

I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die

Photo by Kareva Margarita

Messages In This Thread
    Gave you a minute when you needed an hour // Any - by Sabra - 04-15-2020, 04:42 PM