• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always hiss me goodnight; larva
    She liked exploring the old magma floes of Tephra.  The cracks and crevices spread far and deep, running this way and that across the humid kingdom.  Every turn she took was a new thrill, never knowing what creature or wilty, strange plant might be waiting for her on the other side.  Sometimes, disappointingly, there would be nothing at all, except for some more black rock or a small plume of ghostly steam rising from somewhere below her narrow stature.  As a horse, she’d never be able to get to do this, but as a snake, she was practically the queen of her own little wonderland.

Sometimes on the lucky days, she would run across a field mouse or a large beetle, and talk to them as though they might be her subjects.  Her slender chest would puff, and her head would rise tall and proud and she’d hiss commands that were completely clear in her opinion, but her remarks were met with empty stares and zero response or action.  Every. Time.  And when the sour taste of displeasure flooded her mouth, her rebuttal was quick and absolute.  She’d leave there satisfied in the end, and her subjects cleared of their duties and existence altogether.

It had been a boring day so far, until a clatter of dark pebbles rained down and scattered across her head and back.  Coiling, her slender body wrapped itself protectively around itself until the worst of the litter fell.  Pushing herself up, her small arrow-shaped head popped out past the crack that sheltered the rest of her.  The sun was bright and the heat of steam and lava through off her young senses somewhat, but she could still feel them stomping around and making noise nearby.

Flaring her tiny hood in the most threatening way she could, she turned in the direction she thought they stood and screeched in a miffed, wispy voice, “I’m not afraid to BITE you!”

@[larva]

Messages In This Thread
    always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:13 PM