• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always hiss me goodnight; larva
    Hey, she knew that voice!

She’s glad she held off on snapping at the thing that had very gently touched her nose.  Honestly, the little snake had been too stunned at the intrusion on her delicate snout, to allow the thought of baring her needle-like fangs in time to actually latch onto anything.  But Priya is quite obviously and utterly relieved when her swaying head tilted backward to shoot a beady glance up her father and her reptilian smile widens when he reaches for her again.  Accepting his nose as a means to come out of her volcanic kingdom, she wrapped her slender body delicately around, clinging to him before she is placed back on the open ground.

“Daaaaaaaaaaad” she drawls out in a minuscule voice, putting on her best show of childish annoyance at such a very dad-like thing to say.  “I think it looks silly.”   Huffing, she turns away to look at the steam rising briefly before looking back to Larva again, this time with her small dark horns proudly displayed on her forehead.  It’s obvious she doesn’t look pleased, but she would wear them just for him.

What have you been up to out here? Hunting beetles and field mice?  

Suddenly her demeanor changes, as though she’d been caught doing something she shouldn’t have, and her serpentine eyes seem to widen while the corners of her lips drag down into a pouting frown.  “They wouldn’t listen to me!,” she says dramatically, releasing a held breath as if to get rid of a tidbit of pent up guilt for what she had had to do and that she had failed to get the mice and insects to do it for her. “I asked them nicely to die, but they wouldn’t!  So I had to do it myself,” her large green eyes welled up with the heavy tears.  “How do I get them to listen to me, Dad?”

@[Larva]

Messages In This Thread
    always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:13 PM