• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always hiss me goodnight; larva
    i will be brutal
    He observes her with an uncharacteristic smile and softened eyes. Larva has nearly a hundred children, but only a handful have a special place in his heart - Darling, Shiya, Priya, and Echis. There is nothing in this world that he holds more precious than them. Perhaps that is why he finds himself so unimpressed with his sons. They’ve proven time and again to be more of a threat to the ones he loves than any other creature in Beqanna.

But his mind is wandering. He should treasure this time with his child. A soft laugh rumbles in his chest when she lets her horns show in this form. They are so tiny he almost can’t see them. He still doesn’t quite know where on earth she and Echis got these horns, but he rather likes the way they look with them.

You have a younger sister with a horn, too,” he whispers to her gently, like a secret. “She lives in Hyaline with her mother. Maybe one day you can teach her how to be a beautiful little snake.

He watches her expression change to guilt when he asks about the beetles and the mice. Another laugh tumbles from him and he nods in understanding. “Being a ruler is hard. You have to balance fear and love with your subjects. I know you’ll learn to do just that with time, though,” he explains with another gentle touch of their noses meeting. “Show them your kindness when they are good and then crush them completely when they disobey.

Carefully, he lowers himself to lay on the ground before her so they are nearly eye to eye. He watches the beetles all skitter and scatter around as they go about their lives. Do they even have a concept of rulers and kingdoms, he wonders? If they lead a simple existence then he envies them greatly.
    @[Priya]

Messages In This Thread
    always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:13 PM