• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Here's to Cheap Drinks and New Beginnings; Lepis, Any
    L E P I S
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin
    Lepis closes her eyes against the wind. She breathes deeply of the air, warmed by the sun and the radiant heat of the red rocks that make up the landscape below. She never tires of seeing it from this angle, and the dun mare is glad that this is Larentia’s first introduction to the southern kingdom.

“The grassland farther south is Brilliant Pampas,” Lepis tells her, “and though it doesn’t look any different from the rest of Beqanna now, the trees in Sylva to our west wears the colors of autumn year round. Like fir trees, I suppose, but stuck forever in fall instead.” There is some beauty to the Sylvan forest, Lepis admits. Not enough that she wishes to linger there if she need not. The three lands that belong to Loess covered, Lepis turns her gaze back to the darker mare.

“Where did you live before you left Beqanna?” She asks when Larentia has had her fill of the immediate view. There will be many other views, Lepis knows, all still breathtaking after a hundred sunrises. Knowing that sharing her own answer might go a way toward forming a better relationship with her newest kingdom mate, the dun mare speaks again.“I’ve lived mostly in Loess myself, though I spent a few years in Taiga before coming back home to Loess.”

@[Larentia]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here's to Cheap Drinks and New Beginnings; Lepis, Any - by Lepis - 04-22-2020, 08:47 AM