• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  bet you never could imagine - any
    The warmth of the water was a pleasant surprise, reminding the white mare forcefully of the mineral pools in Loess. She'd spent long hours in those hot springs, letting the heat sooth her ruffled thoughts. With a flick of her ears, she looked closer at the darkly colored mare she'd come to, noted that great wings floated on the surface of the water by her sides. Strange, leathery wings.

A courteous nod bowed the nereid's neck in acceptance of the stranger's name. Their eyes were opposites, saturated tones of violet and orange where they met. "I hope I haven't disturbed you, Wrena. It's a pleasure to meet you too." She laughed lightly at the woman's assertion that she had no business with the big island. That was why they had their beachmaster's arrangement, she supposed, and made a mental note that she needed to go around and visit with the masculine islanders. Later, though. 

For now she shrugged and smiled at the woman who's breast glowed faintly beneath the waterline. "It's a pity. We'd have met sooner, I think, if you had." She sighed, rolling her shoulders against the hot water. Humid condensation began to form on her pearly scales, mixing with sweat and dried salt. Almost too warm for comfort, but she let it flow around her anyway. If need be, there was rushing water much cooler than this only paces away. She wouldn't be making fish stew. 

The question that followed Wrena's sedate drowsing drew a wry smile from her lips. "Word travels," she commented, the thin webbing of her tail fanned behind her. She watched the water ripple between them for a moment. "But yes, I'm the new Dame. I don't know if you knew Eva, but she held the title before me. And my sister Adria before her." A lot to live up to, with their lengthy records of peace and kindness. 

@[wrena]

Messages In This Thread
    bet you never could imagine - any - by wrena - 04-22-2020, 02:44 PM
    RE: bet you never could imagine - any - by wrena - 05-08-2020, 02:48 PM
    RE: bet you never could imagine - any - by Aquaria - 05-11-2020, 12:36 PM