• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's our time to break the rules; anyone
    As soon as they (someone, anyone) steps into the clearing, Larry’s show begins.

Near the center of the clearing, a dark-haired boy is breathing hard. He makes eye contact, the whites of his eyes stretched wide and then with an anguished cry, shatters into dozens of blood and black colored pieces, which fade to grey and disappear entirely. The cry, cut off so suddenly, is slow to fade in the thickly forested wood.

By the time it does, Larrikin, appearing whole and hale in the shadows at the edges of the wood, is trotting closer to the other horse.

“What do you think?” He asks, tilting his dark head curiously. “I never get to really see the reaction, but did it feel real to you? I’m trying to make it seem real. Did I seem like I was dead?”

Larry suspects that the smell of blood would make the display more authentic, but he’s not sure how to do that. It had already taken him hours to perfect the perfect ratio of change in his coat to make it most mimic broken flesh and bone. Days more to get the timing right with his Fairy Dust.

He needs it to be perfect, and it is quite difficult without a second set of eyes.

Messages In This Thread
    it's our time to break the rules; anyone - by Larrikin - 04-22-2020, 06:43 PM