• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's our time to break the rules; anyone
    every night she sharpens her steel on the hipbone she made from me. kisses the mouth she took, the one that says her name right and doesn’t bite. sometimes she calls me baby and I swallow my own tongue.

sometimes she hands me the knife just to watch me give it back.
    pleasure
    Ophanim tries so hard to pass on life lessons to his children, but his efforts are wasted on a child like Pleasure. Her incredulity is evident on her face when she cocks one eyebrow and stares at him, jaw lowered slightly in question. He’s saying something about finding the perfect partner in life, but the words trail off into some story about him and Mom. She’s not sure what the point to the story is. The angel boy is just crying laughing about the first time he asked Starsin out. Pleasure tilts her head and glances to her left to see if her sister is catching any of this when she realizes Pandemonium left ages ago.

Dad, I know you love mom. You say this literally every day. Can I go play now?” she pouts as she edges toward the direction her sister went. His laughter dies into a soft chuckle and he nods, but she’s already scurrying to catch up to Panda. “Just remember, your mom’s perfect! And be safe! And I love you! And-” His voice trails off in the distance and she catches up to her siblings just in time to see Larrikin explode into tiny shards.

She skitters to a stop and looks to her sister for some explanation until he reappears, good as new, and asking for critique. The dark filly gives a snort and rolls her eyes. Pleasure is certain she would have been much better off with that trait that him. Maybe they could bully him into asking the mountain to give it to Panda? But her sister is already teasing their brother and the haloed twin snickers in response.

Maybe if I set him on fire first? Now that would be a show,” she offers with a smile that is far too sweet for her words. They are each trouble on their own, but they are tiny terrors when they come together. This thought gives her a sense of pride and she nestles in closer to Panda. “Larry, does Dad still tell you really long, pointless stories or does that stop at some point?

She tilts her head and observes him curiously, picking through his thoughts for some kind of insight on what to expect.
    @[Larrikin] @[Pandemonium]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's our time to break the rules; anyone - by pleasure - 04-26-2020, 06:16 PM