• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    Aodhan offers to keep an eye out, a rather kind offer from a complete stranger, and one that is met with a slightly narrowed gaze. He’d best not mean to keep an eye out and take her for himself, Ivar thinks. Evia is his.

“Your shifting is making me nauseous.” Ivar says flatly, his gaze flicking away from Aodhan as the teal and silver coloring overtake the gold-spangled white. “Just pick a damn shape.” He does not see the scales sprout or the cresty stallion’s neck grow slim or his hips wider. He’s even taken a step back into the water, ready to leave this unfamiliar bay.

Then he hears a different voice. It’s not Evia’s, though Aodhan now wears a decent mimic of the woman’s coloring. He’s missing the flowers though, and he’s gotten the slender shape of the Nereid all wrong. Ivar rather likes that she is small and slim and caves so quickly to his pursuits. The mare in front of him now – or at least the creature wearing the shape of a mare – does not look like the type to give in easily.

She looks delicious, if Ivar is honest with himself – at he always is. But she is also not what she appears and that is enough to sour much of the hunger that rises. Much, but not all. It would be fun to drown a magician after all. He’s never done it before, but as his golden eyes narrow at the teal nereid, he weighs the possibility.

No, he decides with a flick of his horse-hair tail. No.

For all his predatory nature there is some prey that is not worth the effort. He does not know these waters and prefers to hunt in those he does. Nor does he know the limits of the magician in front of him. For all Ivar knows, he can witch the water like Aquaria has, and the kelpie is not in the mood for that so soon.

“Not quite,” he answers, allowing the soft shape of the disguise creature to quell some of the irritation. He can still look, even if he doesn’t touch for fear of contamination. “She is not so well-endowed.”

@[Aodhan]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan - by Ivar - 05-05-2020, 09:23 AM