• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    It is not uncommon for the kelpie to go long periods between Hunts; he knows better than to thin the population too far or to risk alerting the Ischians. He usually satisfies himself with marking his women in the fall, but the hunger grows stronger each day, and the inevitable breaking point of his cyclical behavior is past due. The bones of the cold roan mare were long ago picked of flesh by the sea’s scavengers, and Ivar had intended to Hunt the champagne nereid he’d found in the cove. Instead, she’d made his own water betray him.

So it is that he is hungry and irritable already, and now is faced with a shifter that thus far has only served to exacerbate that second emotion.

What’s to say this isn’t my natural shape, she asks him, and Ivar glances back toward her with an unamused snort. He misses that she makes herself smaller and notices only that she is. The subtle change does as she wishes, though the whole disguise is akin to painting a plastic meal more and more realistic. It does not matter how good it looks; it is still plastic beneath. It is still magic, still a lie.

“You can look however you please,” he tells the now-nereid dryly. “I’d just prefer you do it out of my sight.”

With that he does take a step back into the water, and then another. Unless the shifter has anything else to say to him, Ivar returns to the sea and to plotting the best way to exact a fair revenge on Aquaria.

@[Aodhan]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan - by Ivar - 05-09-2020, 08:38 AM