• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

There’s always a catch to power. Eyas sighed, feeling her own drawbacks kick in, and blinked away the brief vision she’d just received of @[Santana] heading due west, the sun on his back. The shadow he cast far down below him was still like a great thundercloud, fat with an oncoming storm. The kind that made you shield your eyes and look up, thoughts of the nearest shelter in your mind. His shadow was racing over the dull browns of a dry, rolling grassland when she snapped the connection off as much as she could. Eyas knew better than to avoid the impending storm, this time. Or to lure him in any faster.

She was actually hoping to keep the destruction of Island Resort to a minimum, since Gale liked it here so much. If she was quick 'Tana could be intercepted, there was still enough time. Eyas trotted through the heat of the inner jungle, so hot that beads of glistening sweat dewed quickly on her skin, and followed a twisting path out toward the beach where Santana was headed. She calmed her rising fear by concentrating on the sound of her hoofbeats; the way the sand and soil mixture had been stamped down over so many years left the path she was following nearly smooth - just a winding ribbon of silky, soft brown to lead her out of the maze of green. She stepped with a lively gait, one-two, one-two, one-two, and the muffled noise was soon matched by her calmed pulse.

Eyas broke out from the foliage, trailing dry vines and brittle sticks in her wings. She could feel the urgency getting to her now, despite her best attempts at maintaining a sense of calm. Satana could hardly be reasoned with before… what made her think she could possibly be successful this time? And worse yet, he was starting to catch on to the little part of her magic that Eyas considered a crutch: the fact that Satana could sense her there, or somewhere. Against her best intentions he’d begun to develop a … taste... for her gift. Through their bond. A connection, tying them together, and Satana was finally tugging the string on his end for once.

Her trot picked up to a canter, then. Eyas rounded the bend of a dazzling shoreline, pristine and white, and shielded her gaze in the crook of a wing from the bright flare of light a few hundred yards away - closer to the shore - as if it were a comet that had landed and not a shape-shifter.
    “Santana!” She tried to shout, but her voice broke from a tremor of unsuppressed fear. How funny; before she’d been the one on his doorstep, taunting him to come out and face her. “You found me…” It was more of a question. That was her knee-jerk response to most things that took her by surprise: question, analyze, study, learn.

This time though, she hesitated a few hundred yards out - just far enough that a sudden snap or swipe from a larger beast would miss her. As if the dragon was still there, a solid but invisible shape around the stallion waiting for her.

“I don’t care what you do to me,” She suddenly found the strength she’d been lacking before, trembling as the surge of familiar adrenaline raced through her bones. “but if you came for a fight let’s do this in the air.” Eyas sounded pathetic even as she said it, her voice all shaky and sort-of pleading. But she backed the pathetic attempt at bravado up anyways, unfurling her two-toned wings and snapping them out like dry sheets in the wind. Never mind the clutter that rained down around her hooves when she did. The small pegasus (small even in comparison to the horse version of Santana) clenched her teeth and nodded her head in a resigned way that said, “Let’s do this.”

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas - by Eyas - 04-27-2020, 08:11 PM