• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this won't go back to normal;
    "Leave you be, Lilliana?" Draco parrots with a laugh. He presses his teeth to her hide and snarls, wondering how one so bold could also be so damn stupid. "Why should I leave you be when my brother, a proud Pangean leader, is still imprisoned in Nerine?" he growls now, low, furious, unrelenting.

Taiga will learn their lesson, as will Nerine. Pangea will be free to play their games and any backlash will be met with unmatched fury. It's not the kingdoms first offense, either; and it's also not Ghaul's first sentence in Nerine. Draco's blood boils at just the thought. Yes, his brother will spend all the time he needs in burning their resources and harassing their people, but his duty is here. In Pangea, the Cove, and protecting his nest. Now a fresh wave of irritation heats Draco, knowing the responsibility he will shoulder to keep the triplets safe in Ghaul's absence.

And it's all the little chestnut mare's fault.

It's easy for him to see Lilliana like that: small, unimportant, one-dimensional. Draco's eyes flick up to her pinned ears and then suddenly emit a violent, crimson glow. He'll make sure she feels just as much fear as he feels anger.

"You have no power here, Lilliana. Your demands are useless," Draco spits, slowly stepping closer, heart racing as he watches his fear magic do its work. "And besides," he adds with a shrug, shutting off the fear aura just as quickly as he had turned it on, "I'm not sure what you expect. Didn't you ask for this? Is this not all your fault?" He presses closer, attempts to roughly tug at a lock of her mane.

Above them, a beautiful twilight sky still twinkles, and the temperature drops as suddenly as the shadows appear. Draco sparkles with the stars (looking damn near like he might belong to them), waiting, vibrating, anxious.
    art by dozymare
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    this won't go back to normal; - by lilliana - 04-23-2020, 07:58 PM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by draco - 04-25-2020, 09:27 PM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by lilliana - 04-27-2020, 09:23 PM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by draco - 05-01-2020, 07:00 PM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by lilliana - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by draco - 05-06-2020, 01:10 AM
    RE: this won't go back to normal; - by lilliana - 05-10-2020, 10:03 PM