• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    It’s just before noon, and the first few inches of the sea are still just a little cool from the morning shower. Ivar floats belly up in the still water, his golden-eyes close tightly against the brightness of the sun. He is pleasantly full, has left a pretty crystal horn on the Isobell’s favorite beach as an apology, and intends to spend the rest of the day doing what he does every day: Very little.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watches a ray glide below him, its spotted back only visible against the sandy bottom because of its motion. He considers catching it, but as he languidly rolls over to do so, it catches sight of his shadow and races away. The kelpie is not especially disappointed. He is even less so when he sees where he has drifted. A rocky cove with a protected entrance, one he’s not explored before. He does not know the main island well, despite his years of residence in the island nation, and its no real surprise to find a new beach.

Curiously, the scent of horses is strong here, strong enough that they must surely call this their main residence. The scent of a mare – one of the Nereids, who all blur together – and some younglings. No stallion, which given the female rule of this place is to be expected. Expected, but still enjoyable, Ivar thinks as he drifts nearer the shore. He catches a whiff of one, only strong enough to be a visitor. Perhaps the Nereid is still entertaining for the autumn, he thinks. It is never too late to throw his hat into the ring. As elusive as the Nereids are, they make acceptably aquatic children far more often than the average woman, and Ivar can’t pass this one up.

@[Aquaria]

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria - by Ivar - 04-24-2020, 09:26 AM