• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Her gaze remained skeptical, aloof. He spoke simply, as though his arrival was an honest mistake. The sway of his fanning tail fins moved languidly as the water pushed him closer. Every piece and part of him was smooth and seductive, from his voice to his expressions. None of it was real, of course. 

Deception works best on those not anticipating it. Never con a con, as they say. And Aquaria, despite never having weaponized the ethereal beauty she'd been born with, recognized a master in the act. "Well then, I'm sure you can float right on back out," she chimed, smiling dangerously as she felt for the water beneath his heavy form. It would be a push, but she could help him on his way without too much trouble. 

She'd all but gathered the waves to her bidding when he began speaking again, and made her hesitate. Rows of wickedly sharp teeth lined his smile, her belly squirming as though she'd swallowed an eel or two. "If it's all the same to you, I think I'll keep my advantage." She forced herself to keep her smile hitched firmly in place. It felt like a shield, that smile. A dazzling mask of carelessness to hide the calculations spinning behind her eyes. 

The smile turned cruel at his suggestion, a short laugh of derision snorting from her delicate muzzle. "No, I'm afraid not. My mother has taste, you see." And then the smile grew truly amused. She was an idiot to bait him, no ifs, ands or buts about that. But she was very much not taking kindly to having her haven invaded, and if she could scratch his ego before sending him off, he might think twice before trying to do it again. 

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 04-28-2020, 07:27 PM