• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

none of your cuts go very straight, lepis
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    Contrary to the warming of the dragon’s heart, Lepis remains on guard, the proximity to danger making her more than wary. She is quiet as he considers her answer, and her blue-grey eyes find the edges of the stars around his horns with careful consideration.

The thought of Loess burning like the northern island is a cold spear in her heart, and yet the cool consideration in her eyes does not change, nor does her body language betray her. It is not worth the effort to extinguish through projection though, not when her attention is better used elsewhere. Losing Loess would pain her, but not so badly as the loss of her family. And her family is already in danger, hunted by a creature no less fearsome than Ghaul, and one who she fears (is that the right emotion? It must be, but it has been years since she had looked closer).

The fire that Ghaul speaks of is not an immediate danger, it seems, and so Lepis breathes a quiet sigh that reveals none of the relief she feels.

"Wolfbane," Lepis tells him, and her voice does not catch. There’s no emotion in it at all, truthfully, a common thing when she speaks of the thing that wears her husband like a second skin. "And I will let you know when I am ready." A two-for-one deal, the blue-haired woman thinks as she inhales a lungful of cool autumn air, and a far better ending to this conversation that she could have ever hoped for.

Lepis is not entirely sure how she will manage it, of course, but if there is anyone she trusts, it is Lepis. She’s the only one that can do this, after all. She’s the only one capable. And If she can use Wolfbane to rid herself of Ghaul before the dragon can burn her home down? All the better.

"And if you happen to run across Castile," she adds, sounding pensive and almost careful of how she phrases it: "I think his ashes might make for fertile soil." The pied former monarch is fireproof, Lepis knows, and while she cannot find it in her to wish him dead, the thought of a few scorch marks at (by proxy at least) her hand, almost makes her smile. "His crimes are…" - her wings have settled back at her sides, shielding the child she does not yet realize she carries  - "…many."

n | l

@[Ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: none of your cuts go very straight, lepis - by Lepis - 04-30-2020, 01:15 PM