• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me who i am and who i could be; thorn
    She loves moments like these, when the world shrinks to just them and she doesn’t need to feel guilty for the wild way she loves him. The wrong way she loves him. He never seems to notice that her love is too much and too bright and too big, which means it is safe when no one else is around to see it either.

It means it doesn’t count.

“Yeah, because I was only dying.” She says, leaning her cheek against his and then laughing, nipping at his jaw with those impossible smooth glass teeth. “No big deal, right?” She rolls her eyes and bumps her shining nose against him, closing those golden eyes as she basks in his beautiful warmth. “I’m here now because you continue to make me whole, every chance you get.” But she says it more gently, reaching down to touch the places her cracks had stretched across until he healed her moments before.

She leans back into his embrace, so selfish and full of an impossible love as she reaches up to nuzzle his cheek again. But his request surprises her, and she pauses a moment to examine his handsome face, searching every hollow and valley to see if he is teasing her some more. But he seems serious.

“You make me feel the most loved.” She whispers, leaned just a little back and feeling fragile. “From the very first moment I saw your violet eyes, and every flower I see that matches them, I know exactly where I belong. I know exactly where my home is. I know exactly what it is to be loved.” She touches her lips to the corner of his mouth, and it isn’t quite a kiss because she will not take more than what he’s willing to give, but it’s just barely more than the nudge she meant for it to be.

Her face heats and she glances away from him, letting the racing of her heart slow in her chest before it leaves behind a web of ugly cracks. “And the ocean. I love that something so vast and beautiful exists.” It is a weak attempt to take the focus back off of them again.

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me who i am and who i could be; thorn - by flower - 06-29-2020, 05:31 PM