• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  long live the pioneers
    At the sight of his smile, some of the flower-woven birds swoop a little closer to the blue stallion. “Gale! I like that. I think I’ll still call you Blue, though. Except on formal occasions.” She says this last addition with a spurt of bright laughter.

But back to the first announcement he had made. The news that Ruinam is gone is a bit of a surprise, but not as big of a surprise as the lack of sadness in the flower-decorated mare. The pale stallion had creeped her out with his choice of favourite flower and she had not quite gotten over it - all flowers are beautiful in their own way, of course, but her attempt at a  light-hearted conversation had quickly grown dark with his addition.

She does not consider that she should have been checking up on the islands more often than she does - she had been honest about her intentions to allow them to self-govern and only offer assistance when or if it was required.

Isilya thinks she understands the reason for his apologetic tone, though she hasn’t become as practised in the art of conversation as she probably should have. She assumes that he is apologetic for the low population, though she can only think that the beaches and other animals that call the Resort home must not mind the lack of horses. “Oh that’s okay! Populations rise and fall all the time in lands. Can I do anything to help?” She’s not sure what she can do, aside from maybe encouraging a few more bodies to go there.

It may come as a surprise, but Isilya does not have a mind for strategy or defense.

“Does this mean you’ve stepped up in Ruinam’s place?” She smiles as she says this - hopefully making it obvious that she would not be opposed to that situation in the least.

simple and sweet

Isilya

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-28-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 04-28-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-06-2020, 09:31 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-17-2020, 10:33 AM