• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ice, forged in fire - Isilya&diplomats
    One moment no-one is in sight; another, his vision detects the heat signature of a mare nearby. He blinks; seeing her emerge from the foliage, he smiles a little to himself, his eye color taking a hint of turquoise coloring instead of the normal icy blue. She must have thought that this way of appearing would be considered the normal way of transport - and it would have fooled him, had he not been able to see the heat signatures hidden behind the tree stems and bushes.

Nevertheless, he pretends not to have noticed - she greets him cheerily, and besides, she is a balm to the eye. Not that he wants to be interested in anything like that, these days, knowing how much it hurts to lose anyone - but he can still notice the fact.

Before he can reply, they're overtaken by the shadow of - a young dragon. He spots her no sooner than she spots him, but then, he'd been focused on the woods. He smiles almost knowingly at the younger mare when she sidles up to her leader, pleased with the idea that there are dragons in the world who focus on protection, not on conquering. She smells... green? How interesting - but a question for later, he supposes. "Thank you Isilya, greetings to you two as well. I'm Leilan, of the north." He can't rightfully call it Icicle Isle these days, anyway. And there's only one land exactly north from here.

It is during his speaking that another appears; seemingly a young silver bay, which inadvertently takes the silver bay roan back in time - years and years prior. His ears move with the sound of the young man's voice - there is a way in his eyes that seems to indicate he is older than he looks, but then, many horses are immortal in one way or the other, and the ice-scaled stallion doesn't think much of it. "Nice meeting you, too. I'm glad to see Tephra is doing well." Quite a relief, really - he'd known Leliana ruled a while after Magnus, and then her husband, he thinks (though he's not entirely sure of the man's name) - but besides her name, he has heard nothing much of Isilya. It had been a gamble to come here then, just hoping it wasn't a practically abandoned place. Yet here she is, bright and dare he think it, actually quite innocent-looking.

"I believe you can guess why I'm here, though, I'm not in a hurry to discuss politics if you'd rather get to know one another first." he offers up - truly, the standard way of diplomatic meetings is usually a stiff meeting, an exchange of offers and needs; frankly, he thinks that's the boring way.

Besides, plenty of rulers made the mistake of not getting to know one another and ending up finding out that their terms had loopholes - something he beliefs a real friend would not make use of so easily as a friend-on-paper.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Isilya] your turn I think ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ice, forged in fire - Isilya&diplomats - by Leilan - 05-08-2020, 10:01 AM