• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // ISLANDERS
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Pale as the seafoam washing on the shore, the nereid paced the beach. The sun was shining, sinking, swallowing the sea in a breathtaking island sunset. It was her nightly treasure, and she drank it in like a balm. 

Time had passed since Eva had passed the mantle of Dame on to her own slender white shoulders. Time enough for the seamare to marshal her thoughts, to see her eldest off on his mainland quest and for her youngest offspring to be deposited safely in a sheltered tide pool. Little translucent packets of leathery fabric, in which her children grew with every passing day. Morning and night she checked on the purses, and she knew that very soon the dark shapes within would spill forth as new foals. 

Meanwhile, she had business to see to. 

Unhindered by a growing belly, she went about her daily tasks until the time seemed right, and then the word was passed. Tonight, this very evening, she gathered the twos and threes and families together, heart fluttering but confident. This was her home, and her family's home, and she knew she'd give her life to keep it from harm. 

Still, though the passing from Eva's care into her own made sense to the mermare, it was still just that the other islanders know, and give their consent to the change. Forcing her hooves to still in the warmly lit sand, she let them gather and smiled at each in turn. 

"Thank you for coming," she began simply. Violet eyes glowed in the reddish light shining off the waves as she walked among those gathered there. "These meetings aren't common here. It seemed time though. Eva has decided that her term as Dame has been fulfilled, and I'm sure I'm not the only one grateful to her for the love and care she's shown Ischia and her residents in her time at the helm." She paused, nodding respectfully to the members of the purple woman's family present. 

With a deep breath, she continued. "You'll have noticed, however, that I am the one who called this gathering. At Eva's recommendation and with your blessing, I would be honored to take on the role of island Dame. Ischia and those who call her home mean everything to me. Let us together keep our home a safe harbor in the storms and sweet waters to come." 

It wasn't long, as far as speeches go, but she knew the islanders had their own routines to get on with for the night. She didn't mean to keep them long. There was sunlight enough still for questions and comments and, stars forbid, dissent.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

OOC: Hi all! Official meeting announcing Ischia's leader change and inviting questions and comments. Answer IC or OOC as this will also serve as an activity check for a board update. 
    ~Love and starfish, Aquaria/Bruja

Messages In This Thread
    I am a mermaid that you dreamt // ISLANDERS - by Aquaria - 05-01-2020, 12:10 PM