• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will forget to give this a real title, watch me

Once upon a time, Malkin had been a decent father. He had possessed his own herd, had a few favourite mares, they popped out a bunch of red babies, and that was that. He was fairly certain he had helped raise them, at least a little bit, even if it was just the occasional ‘good job’. But that was a very long time ago, long enough that he did not even remember what being a parent was like. The occasional dalliance he had experienced since then never resulted in a foal actually showing up in his presence.

Until now.

Malkin thinks immediately that the rather floral looking foal he stumbles across is his. It’s not as flashy as the rest of the family that lives here - or he might think it belonged to them. He remembers wearing brindles when it was actually fall and he had mated with a rather charmingly coloured mare.

He may not remember what it was like being a dad but he always remembered what he wore.

Today he’s in his favourite maroon with light-pink hair, a colour he thinks he sees in the foal’s mane as well. “Oh.” Is the first word that comes out as he approaches cautiously - not a single non-equine feature about him for once and he’s nervous about those creatures coming out of hiding. It never seems to take much to set off his mother’s little curse. But he quickly realizes that ‘oh’ is not a very polite way to greet someone, especially a foal. A foal that was, theoretically, his son.

Had he gotten so accustomed to wandering through this forest on his own that he didn’t even notice the mother here? Were they living here too? Or was he about to find himself a single father? It’d be appropriate karma for the mares he didn’t ever see again, probably.

First things first though - find out how much the little guy knows.

“Hello.” He states a little more firmly when he pauses, head low but body tense. As though he’s approaching a rattlesnake.

What’s next? “Are.. uh, you alright?” The words are halting and, though they do form a question, he’s also wondering to himself whether that’s something he should ask. Is there a better question? But instead of trying again, he clamps his mouth shut and just waits.

image by Reitro

@[Florian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will forget to give this a real title, watch me - by Malkin - 05-08-2020, 10:26 PM