• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wait right here, tarte/any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

She inhaled deeply, afraid she might cry if she didn't. He liked her. For the simple reason that she'd said she'd be his friend, and he wasn't asking for anything more. Not even in his head. It was simple affection that he was pouring in to her mind and she was only now realizing she'd been starving for it since birth. 

"I like your name too. It's not odd. It sounds like you're someone important." She replied, blinking at him like he was the sun and she was a flower drinking him in. Her heart thudded rapidly to keep up with the conflicting feelings she was flipping through. She knew now though that Yadigar was special, wonderful, and worth every feeling he gave her. 

At the mention of Pangea, she flinched again. Habit made her glance over her shoulder, looking forv the brilliant sheen of her mother nearby. The caustic mare would have her hide if she found out that her daughter was befriending a boy from the red desert kingdom. She swallowed down the bile rising in her throat. He did not seem evil, as her mother said all Pangeans were. Quite the opposite. 

Looking back at him, she shrugged. "It's nothing special. Lots of m-mou-mountains and plants. The hot water pools are okay." She couldn't really say the idea of dust and weird animals made her want to visit his home either, but she kept that thought to herself. If he was there, then she wouldn't mind. 

He laughed, and for a moment she told herself it was her stuttering she was being made fun of got, that the staccato noise of her tongue tripping on words had been the funny thing to him. Her ears tipped back uncertainly until his thoughts cleared the air. He wouldn't make fun of her. He just wouldn't. She returned his smile, her own blunt teeth mirroring his pointed ones. He was all together strange, but in a beautiful way. Like the snakes her mother feared so much. Maybe her mother would fear him too. The thought made her smile widen. 

With pleasant ideas fanning from his mind, she let the happiness touch her. It was heady and delicious, all the more so because it was such a rarity. With a step nearer, her black velvet nose buried against the lean curve of his spangled neck. She wanted to memorize the dragon boy's scent. No matter where life dragged her, she would know him. "I'd like that," she answered with a step back, forelock ruffled from where she'd brushed against his crest. "I'd like that very much." Her tail curled contentedly around one rear leg, her heart already sad that today would end. Her mother would probably come back, and they'd be off home again, and Yadigar would go to his home too. 

She wanted to make the most of this perfect afternoon, because who knew when another like it would occur.

TARTE

@[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-06-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM